C.D. Peacock Jewelers
- 172 Oakbrook Center
- Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Visit Site
The House of Peacock first opened its doors on February 9, 1837, the same year Chicago (population 4,000) was incorporated as a city. According to one historian, the opening of the city's first retail jewelry establishment in the small frame building on Lake Street marks Chicago's passing "from semi-savage conditions to civilization and refinement."
As the city grew, C.D.Peacock expanded along with it.
The magnificent brass doors from C.D.Peacock in the world-famous Palmer House are legendary.
From the earliest days, the record books read like a veritable Who's Who of Chicago: Cyrus McCormick (inventor of the reaper), George M. Pullman (inventor of the sleeping car), Potter Palmer, Marshall Field, Mary Todd Lincoln, and Mick Jagger.
C.D.Peacock continues to cater discreetly to athletes, entertainers and other celebrities from Chicago and all parts of the United States.
The oldest guild jeweler in the Chicago area, C.D.Peacock's tradition of commitment to quality and service continues today.